Our consultancy services are designed to help you plan, deliver, and embed enhanced digital and IT capability management in your organisation.
We will work with you to refine our approach to best suit your needs, providing honest feedback and expert advice to help you achieve your goals.
Our consultancy activities are overseen by our Managing Director and Principal Consultant – Daniel Merriott – who is a Certified Management Consultant. Our default approach is inline with the best practices set out in the ISO 20700 Guidelines for Management Consultancy Services.
Some of the key activities we are likely to include our engagements are outlined below.
Most our our clients prefer that work alongside their project team. Will manage our delivery activities to fit your plan and reporting needs.
We can however take over project management responsibility where this is appropriate for delivery of specific parts of the engagement. Our team includes Prince2 and PMP certified project management professionals.
Workshops and Information Sessions
In addition to our training services, we provide workshops and information sessions to support our clients. This can include:
- Communications Planning Workshop – used early in an engagement to capture communication needs, agree communications artefacts and protocols.
- Risk and Benefits Exploration Workshop – used to help stakeholders articulate the benefits of the work, identify risks and plan risk mitigation activities.
- Introduction to SFIA (for executive; and for staff and managers) – a short informational presentation to relay key information about how SFIA and it may be used in the organisation.
- Preparing for SFIA Assessments (for staff and managers) – often accompanying a short information staff and managers are walked through how to prepare for SFIA assessments to get the most out of the process.
- Supporting your team through SFIA Assessments (for managers) – additional information for managers to help them lead and support their teams through the SFIA Assessment process, overcome concerns, and encourage participation.
Our clients typically ask us to take the lead on delivering critical activities like SFIA Skills Assessments to leverage our experience and expertise and ensure a high-quality experience for all involved. Further into an engagement we help our clients take over more of this activity through training, mentoring and support activities. Delivery activities can include:
- Execution and tracking of the communications activities.
- Setup and configuration of supporting tools (e.g. SkillsTx our assessment tool).
- SFIA skills discussions (face-to-face or video calls lasting one hour) – we can deliver up to 30 interviews per Consultant per week.
- Mapping of existing and new development activities against SFIA.
- Generation of SFIA profiles for existing (or future) positions.
- Process and documentation analysis to support job design.
- Development of career pathway materials.
- Management reporting.
- Gap analysis and reporting, insight and commentary.